Thursday, September 1, 2011

Empty Your Tea Cup – Ego Eliminating


I have in my whole life searching and learning for more guitar skills and the whole music world, I downloaded, buys and asked many for this information. In the beginning I would say that I learn like a dry sponge soaking water from a water full tub.
And guess what? The graph of my learning got down peak, it got down peak so great it almost hit rock bottom!!!

Why?

I can say, during my school years it was easy and time was a little kind at that time, half days of school and no other commitments I have half the day through to learn practice the guitar. That was the golden age, my skill and knowledge multiply like an active spread of bacteria in a dead cow’s body….(what a metaphor…muahahahah). NOW, I can’t even learn anything new….okok, understood.. adulthood, fatherhood , husbandhood…etc etc etc 

STOP!!!! Get caught up?? Is That what I’m saying?

No, that is just a reason. An easy answer to cheat myself on believing the truth.  What is the truth? I have been looking for this a long time and I finally hit the spot. YES!!! Eureka!!! I knew this all along but why can’t I accept it? It’s only a matter of time when you put your commitment to search for something and it finally pops out!!

Listen before from Bruce Lee? You need to empty your cup of tea before learning anything new. If your cup is still full, the more tea flow into the cup the more the tea will overflow and be wasted. All the while I was learning from Guitar magazines and books downloaded are all wasted. My cup of tea wasn’t empty, I bring with me the ego when learning. I always learn like, I’ll skip this cause I knew it already or this is not important. That’s wrong, Repetition is the mother of skill.

This video will explain more

Actually the more you repeat in learning something and be very humble, learning 1 or 2 things from a book is more than enough. Now I will dust out all the old lessons that I miss all this time and put in into good use….

No comments:

Post a Comment